Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My time attack machine is here !


I picked it up from Freo yesterday afternoon after it'd been released from customs !
Interestingly, the state of the car was not what I had expected...

Firstly, customs must have been looking for drugs or something throughout the entire car because every single panel was removed, including rear seats which were very badly put back together, electronics around the dash were hanging loose as though someone was looking for something behind the dash and its plastic, my tools etc from the boot were all over the front floor and the back seat. Any ideas ?!

Secondly, I noticed that the rear tow hook was missing and the front tow hook was slightly bent. Later on in the day I found the missing rear hook, bent 45 degrees as though it had been caught on something whilst the car was being reversed and bent beyond repair. The front hook was intact but still remains bent. Again I have no idea what happened there !

Other than that a full tank of RON 100 japanese petrol somehow evaporated and I was left with only a few litres to get me from Freo to the nearest BP station (and its inferior 98 RON fuel) on my way home. Someone syphoned it out I reckon but WHY ?


So yesterday with some help I basically put everything back together, washed the windows off of all its writing, ripped off all pieces of paper glued to my windows, reconnected electronics and washed the car. I also installed child anchors and later today I will take the car for a VIN plate fitting. By the way all that under my 48hr temporary driving permit so if you see this car driven without plates HONK !

Oh didn't have to go through quarantine and saved BIG $$$ ! Also customs duty was quite acceptable (I think they felt quilty for ripping my car to pieces !). So in the next day or so final preparation and hopefully this friday I'll take it for an inspection and final registration.

Wish me luck !

1 comment:

  1. thats a load of bullshit! Take it up with whoever was inspecting the car! They've got some nerve bending your tow hooks like that. I'd be pissed for sure!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete