Thursday, September 23, 2010

It passed !


A snap of the Welshpool Inspection Pits where I took the car this morning. I got there at 7:45am hoping to beat the rush but ended up 4th in my lane alongside 20+ cars waiting in the neigbouring lanes. It was such a drag and my car got attended to just after 11am.

They checked the lights, suspension, tyres, engine, ground clearance, tested the exhaust noise and emissions. They looked in the back for child anchors, pulled on all 4 seatbelts to ensure they were functioning, checked the mirrors and took the car for 3 km test drive. They didn't look inside the fuel door for any labels nor did they request to see an engineer's certificate, phew !

In the end the guy came back to me with a nice big approval stamp, but all is not finished !
I had to send one of the forms to a place in the eastern states to have them create a Personal Import Plate which I need to fit into the engine bay. It's a compliance plate for personal imports. Once the plate is fitted in, I need to go back to the Inspection centre and have them witness the plate and from then on i'll be issued my new registration plates !

I was worried but in the end ended up getting lucky, again !

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rod!
    How long did the whole import process take end-to-end take?

    ReplyDelete