Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh what a tweak !


I couldn't stand how dirty the car was and decided to give it a quick wash.

Once back in the garage I went straight for the newly acquired T-wrench and began to remove my old spark plugs. All was going smoothly until I got to the left-most plug. It must have been tightened way too much making it almost impossible to budge. If it wasn't for a custom "extension" I made to the T-wrench I wouldn't have been able to do anything.

In the end I got them all removed.


When the new plugs went in, I started the car and it idled just as I expected.
I then plugged in my Mugen ECU which as you remember from earlier posts always resulted in pinging and had to be unplugged before any serious engine damage could occur. Anyway I took the car out for a test-drive, warmed up the engine and decided to test it ! Amazing !!! No pinging, no ticking and a surge of power like I had never felt before. It idles higher and is therefore louder but who cares ! It works and I am stoked !!
Ryo from SEEKER always suggested that I should upgrade these plugs. What a difference !

Here I am at the local BP station for a partial refuel.


The car is ready for Tuesday's time attack.
I also bought a 20L jerry can today to help me run a little lighter. Hopefully this works.
I am hoping to slash a second off my best lap but wouldn't mind 2 !

Stay tuned for the updates in the days to come.

- Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment