Monday, October 18, 2010

Routine maintenance

It's time to flush my RacingGear DOT 4.2 brake fluid, a brand I've been using for over 2.5 years with a newly acquired and relatively unknown (to me) CASTROL Response Super DOT 4.
This should improve the overall brake pedal feel and performance and hopefully perform a little bit better than RG as CASTROL's dry and wet boiling points are higher than those of RG's.
I've also been pondering whether I should continue using MOTUL 300V. MOTUL's price of $109.99/4L bottle is a little bit of a deciding factor when compared to MOBIL1 which goes at $94.95/5L bottle. Mobil1 is no MOTUL by any stretch of imagination but it is recommended by Honda mechanics in Japan especially for DC5s.

The other remaining fluid to be replaced is my MT transmission's one which at the moment has OMEGA 690 in it. I REALLY like this gear oil especially when it comes to extreme circuit performance. My only option at the moment is shipping it from Japan but I am not yet sure whether it's allowable for shipment to Australia (dangerous, flammable goods and all...). What other options do I have ? A friend suggested REDLINE ...


Stay tuned ....

1 comment:

  1. just wondering, have you tried the Honda MTF-3?

    I'd definitely rate this above the Redline Shockproof your friend recommends :)


    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_j0F3DQ-4kjU/TMZvrFmMleI/AAAAAAAAJqg/TY3pNDi-viA/s800/IMG00037-20100227-1010.jpg


    Adrian

    ReplyDelete