Thursday, October 7, 2010

Barbagallo Raceway this saturday !

For those of you who follow my blog(s), this will be my 1st visit to a track since returning back from Japan. It feels like I haven't driven on a circuit for ages ! At least 3 months come to think of it ! I am itching to drive again !!

The car is now officially ready !
It has been an uphill battle though !

When attempting to lower my suspension, the C-wrench broke and I was forced to borrow a new one from a good friend of mine who happened to have the same suspension as mine. When it came down to lowering though it wasn't as easy as it looked when the guys at SEEKER did it. It was very tough to get the bottom ring loosened to begin with, not to mention access to the ring in the rear was very limited. Anyway I persevered and got it done.


Secondly, regulations at Barbagallo require that a fire extinguisher is fitted in every car. Together with my dad we put in some late hours last night and fabricated a steel bracket which we attached to the front bolts of the passenger's seat. Bending steel isn't easy especially with limited tools but we got it done and the result can be seen below. When I find some time later this month I'll paint it but for now it will do.


Thirdly, I needed to attach a couple of labels around the car, mainly showing where the tow hooks are and the battery.


And lastly, seatbelt harness and gauges went in and we're done !


After that I took the car for a test drive with the new A050s to check for any scrapping of the guard. Surprisingly there were no issues under either heavy braking or cornering anywhere except the rear right side.
To be honest I can't think of why there is an issue on that side. Both left and right rears are the same height and most of my corners were right handers so if anything it should have been the left side which exhibited this issue. Anyway time will tell and if on saturday the tyre degrades too much I'd look into it further upon return.

Looking forward to my first lap time at Barbagallo to see how it compares to others'.
See yas there !

No comments:

Post a Comment