Friday, November 4, 2011

We have a fix !

Got the tyre back from my Yokohama dealer yesterday all fixed and ready ! 

The solution was to drill a hole slightly larger than the one made by the screw with a rough edge drill, then insert a rubber plug through the inside and seal it on both the inside and the outside. 

My tyre guy seems to think that it will perform just fine even under heavy braking and cornering. As he put it "I'd have it on my 911 without any issues".

The reason why the plug is sealed on the outside was to prevent moisture and water from getting inside and thus breaking the seal on the inside.


I guess we'll see how it goes next time I'm out there.

My only concern was the plug is somewhat sticking out but I guess that's needed once the tyre is heated up to its optimal temperature the plug's rubber should blend in nicely with the rest of the tyre.

-Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment