Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to change your DC5's transmission fluid ...

Now that I have my own "workshop" and a desire to get down and dirty I took it upon myself to do the already long overdue tranmission fluid change.

So without further ado ...

Put the car up on jack stands and layed down a protective sheet in case of any spillage.
 
A shot of the 2 bolts taken from the wheel hub

Top bolt is where the fluid goes in, bottom one is where it flows out.

Red OMEGA 690 spewing out

Since access to the tranmission case is VERY tight, I put together this clear hose and a funnel.
The funnel goes on top of the engine bay ...

... and the hose goes all the way down to ...

... the transmission case.

Let the pouring begin

And here it is,
1.5L of red OMEGA with a few drips of the green REDLINE (so much for REDLINE being red huh ?)
All in all it took me around 45mins and it was quite easy.
Now I need to find a way to dispose of the excess oil...

And of course this post wouldn't be complete without ...


- Rod

3 comments:

  1. How does the redline feel? Is it the lightwight shockproof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good.
    I've only driven maybe 20km with this new oil but the biggest test will come once I go to a track again. Stay tuned !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hye...my name is raf8
    what kind of redline that you used?
    is it OK with redline 75w90 transmission oil?

    ReplyDelete